Monday, October 6, 2008

A Scrappy Weekend!

This past weekend, my friend Crystal sent her kids off to Grandma's and had a girls craft weekend. Friday night I hauled all of my scrapbook stuff to her house and spread out on her kitchen table. She had moved it and her dining table into the living room. We scrapped like mad! Shannon spread out on the floor with her scrapbook, Amy and Jen broke out the knitting! We ate, drank, laughed, crafted and stayed up until 2! Several of us spent the night and got back to work the next morning. Amy had a morning meeting, but came back just in time to bring us lunch. I had a Jazzercise meeting in the afternoon, so I picked up dinner. I stayed and worked until about 11:30 that night. Matt had worship team at church on Sunday, so I had to be there for the boys. But as soon as we were all back from church, I headed back to Crystal's. I worked until about 4pm. I meant to take my camera to be able to show all the craft stuff and progress, but I forgot it. I managed to get about 16 scrapbook pages done. And I have ideas rolling in my brain for more and some motiviation. Crystal got a ton of pages finished in Luke's baby book, Amy knitted a baby blanket, and worked on two other projects until she ran out of yarn, and Jen completed an entire baby sweater (which is absolutely adorable!) and started on the next one.

The only drawback to the weekend, is that I need a weekend to recover.

Matt is hoping to go to the Tech/TAMU game in two weeks. If he does, he will take the boys to Brenham to hang with Grammy and Grandpa for the weekend. That means I can have the kitchen table to myself and another weekend to spread all the scrappy stuff out again! Here's hoping!

No comments: