Tuesday, October 21, 2008

It's Always Something.....

After I dropped the boys off at school today, I ran by the library to pick up a book on hold, and tried to vote but the line was too long. Then I went to Target to kill some time before my Dr. Appt. (see previous post). Then I headed to Sonic for much needed refreshment (mmmmm cranberry sweet tea!) and then to the grocery store. On the way home I stopped by the mailbox and then headed to the garage. One hour later, back in my car to go pick up the boys, it wouldn't start. It kept trying to start, then it would sputter and then it would die. I had 8 minutes to get to school. I called Casey in my neighborhood (she thought I was having the baby) to see if she could take me up to the school. Then I called the school and told them I was on my way. Casey came in her minivan and we strapped in the car seats and headed off to school. Back home, take the car seats out, try to start the car again....nope. First plan of attack - put more gas in and hope the low fuel light was malfunctioning. No such luck. Still wouldn't start. So I called USAA to come and tow my car, then called Hewlitt and told them it was coming. They called to say they had the car and would call me in the morning when they knew what was wrong. My gut tells me it's the fuel pump, but boy do I hope I'm really wrong! Thankfully, Grandma was already planning to be here, so I have access to a car and help. I just hope they can get it fixed tomorrow. Ugh.

No comments: