Monday, October 27, 2008

Hospital Test Run, Take 1

I woke up at 3:15am to go to the bathroom, had a contraction. Not unusual since I usually have 1 a day. When I got back in to bed, they didn't stop. After about 20 minutes (and 4 contractions) I woke Matt up. We started timing them and for the next hour they were 3-5 minutes apart. I guess it was time to head to the hospital. All the paperwork said we should go in at 7-10 minutes apart for an hour since it's the third baby.

Thankfully, at the last minute, Grandma and Papa had car trouble with Grandma's car, so they came together to our house last night about 10pm in Papa's suburban. So we had someone here to stay with the boys already. We got to the hospital about 5:30am, and got all strapped in to the monitors. To make the long story short, still having contractions 5 minutes apart, but they are doing NOTHING. I went in at 1cm, and they discharged me at around 8:45am still at a 1. So I'm on hold until they get stronger, longer, and my gut tells me it's time to go again, or my water breaks.

Still have the dr. appointment tomorrow and sonogram for a new picture at 11:00am. I will be interested to hear her take on it all. She was in Napa until today so another Dr. was on call. Now I'm ready for a nap.

No comments: