Sunday, September 7, 2008

In a Galaxy Far Far Away.....

.....otherwise known as Noah's Room.....Logan moved in! After the baby shower yesterday, I am so eager to get baby girl's room ready, so we threw caution to the wind and tried it out. We've been talking it up for a couple of months, pulling out the trundle, and playing pretend sleep. We bought special sheets (insert Death March singing here) to put on the beds when it was time. It wasn't the best night to start: we were watching a webcast of the Tech/Nevada game, and we couldn't record, pause, or rewind, but we were going to be up for awhile since the game started at 8, so why not? Besides, if it didn't work, we could always stick him back in the crib. Noah decided that he was ready to go to bed, so up we went.

At first, Logan started to get a little clingy to mommy, but we talked through it and he climbed up with Lambie and his paci. Mommy said prayers with her boys, (believe me, I prayed that they would fall asleep quickly!) told them to stay in their beds, and that I would come back and check on them. Blowing a kiss, I walked out of the room.

When I went back up to check on them, Noah said, "Mom, Logan just won't lay still!" I told him to be patient that he was learning. We did hear a few choruses of Jesus Loves Me. that made us smile. The next time up, Noah was asleep and Logan was still wiggling around. By about 10:15 we had sleeping success! Now mom and dad had to go to bed, no telling what time they would get up!

I woke up this morning at 7am and thought, ok, they can get up now. Next thing I knew, it was 8:15am and they were starting to stir. I rolled over and listened through the monitor. I heard, "Good morning Logan." Then I heard, "Let's go eat breakfast." Before we knew it, they were in our bed and beating up on daddy!

Since this post is getting a little long, fast forward to nap, Logan successfully stayed in the bed and napped!

As I type, we are entering night #2. They are in bed, both are wiggling, and Logan is talking. I'm spying on them with the new video monitor from Grandma and Papa. Why didn't I have one of these when Noah was born?!

1 comment:

Jenibug7 said...

Don't you LOVE the video monitor!!! We got ours when we put Elias into the big boy bed. I don't think I could ever go back to just sound now.