Sunday, February 5, 2012

Washer Saga: Broken Down

I waited. And waited. And it piled up. I ended up having to take a load of the boy's clothes over to a Amy's last Friday, while we played. They were out of socks. Monday, January 30th finally came, the repairman called, he was on his way, and I started sorting laundry. Seven loads, just on my bedroom floor alone.
It took the repairman all of 5 minutes to find the problem. Apparently, my LG washer, and only this model, has a design flaw. The valve is mounted sideways, so the hoses that connect to it, rub up against another part during a wash cycle. In five months, it rubbed a hole in the intake hose. The bad news, he didn't have the parts on his truck. The worse news, he can't come back until February 9th to replace them. The good news, I guess, he told me I could technically use the washer until then. He disconnected the intake hose (skipping the pre-wash cycle). He said that I might get an error code, and if that happens, I was supposed to go ghetto. Get a 5 gallon Home Depot bucket and just pour some water into the washer. What?????

Here's my bucket:
To make this long story a little bit shorter, I was terrified to use the washer. But I did. I had to. I had over 10 loads of laundry waiting. I did have to add water. Twice. The first load took over 2 hours in the washer - I wasn't adding enough water. I've since gotten the hang of it, but let me tell you, filling the bucket and washing clothes this way is getting really old. And I still have a week to go. Funny thing is, the parts showed up on my door step Thursday afternoon. I called to make sure I was on the schedule for the 9th. I am now. Again between 1-5. He'll probably come again right when I need to pick Logan up from school. I'll let you know what happens. Crossing my fingers that it's as simple as posting - It's Fixed!

No comments: