Monday, February 6, 2012

It's Always Something

This morning after Jazzercise, I had big plans to clean, clean, clean, and clean some more. (My in-laws are coming Thursday, after all)  I loaded up the washing machine, filled up my buckets, turned off the sink faucet, and the water kept coming. No matter what I did, it just kept trickling. 
More buckets:
 According to my dad, all we needed was a faucet repair kit. Matt left work, headed to Home Depot, and come home with the kit. This is what happened next:

 And then it wouldn't go back together, and we had extra parts, and a part looked like it might be broken. So back to Lowe's went Matt. He returned home with another part, did a little work from home, and then realized he left the part that looked broken at Lowe's. Back to Lowe's he went.

While he was gone, I took the opportunity to clean out under the sink.
Matt came back from Lowe's with a new faucet and dinner. The guy at Lowe's told Matt it should only take 30 minutes to install for someone who has done it before. After dinner he tackled the job and was done in an hour!!! Behold, a beautiful, shiny, working, non dripping faucet:
 With matching soap dispenser!
(Amidst the sink drama, I did manage to get the 3 bathrooms clean, and 2 loads of laundry done.)

No comments: