Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Matilyn's 1 Year Stats


We went to see Dr. Addy yesterday for our 1 year check-up. Mattie is doing great!

Weight: 21 lbs. (50%)
Height: 30 inches (75-90%)

She says at least 2 words, crawls and pulls up to standing, walks with support, waves bye-bye, plays peek-a-boo and patty cake, and self-feeds. I think there were a few more things, but I can't think of them right now. We were cleared to eat everything (except nut products) and to begin drinking milk. It's a good thing she finally figured the whole sippy cup out. Just in time! Poor thing had to have 4 shots, one being seasonal flu, but I think she cried more from being held down than from the shots. So far she's responding well to that many.

She is still army crawling, but is amazingly fast. She gets to where she wants to go, and then immediately pulls up. She's been cruising the coffee table and couch, and I think as soon as her feet catch up to her belly, she will take off walking! Her babbling has increased and she is saying lots of words: mama, dada, hi, bye, uh (uh-oh), baa, bay (for baby), muh (more), ah duh (all done). She loves her big brothers, and they love her. She has recently discovered BIG splashes in the bathtub. And my favorite thing of all is her big, wide-mouthed kisses! I still cannot believe that I have been blessed with a baby girl, and I am even more amazed at how fast this year has flown by. Mattie, if you want to stay a baby for a few more years, your mommy won't mind one bit. I love this little girl!

No comments: