Monday, August 24, 2009

First Day Of Kindergarten - Part 1

Lunch is packed, back-pack is ready. 6:30am came really early this morning.
Watching morning cartoons. Tom n Jerry was a huge motivation to get out of bed!
Breakfast of Cinnamon Toast Crunch.
Of course we had the traditional "first day of school" pics.
He's so handsome, so grown up, and SO ready for this day!
We're on our way!
As we got closer to school, and joined in with the hundreds of cars/parents dropping their kids off, he started to change his mind that he wanted us to walk him in. By the time we got through the line, he didn't have time to get misty-eyed. We pulled up, he put his backpack on, a teacher opened the door, he gave daddy "five," mommy a kiss, and got out of the car. He told the teacher his teacher is Mrs. Saul, she said "we'll get you there!" He walked right in.
I'm so proud of him. And proud of me - I didn't cry! Thankfully I had Jazzercise to take my mind off of it! I can't wait to go pick him up and hear all about his first day! Stay tuned.......

No comments: