Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Weekend 2008....What a Difference a Year Makes!

Memorial Day 2007 was history we did not want to repeat. We managed to ski part of Friday afternoon that year before Papa's boat caught on fire (I had to swim to shore), and the rain came and flooded the river for the rest of the weekend.

This year was so much better, aside from being pregnant and not being able to ski! We had beautiful sunshine, beautiful weather, and beautiful family and friends to share it with!

Some highlights: Noah rode on daddy's back while he skied. He rode in the tube with his cousin Eric and loved it. I think his favorite part was jumping off the dock and swimming back to Papa's boat to climb out. He also helped Grandma reel in a catfish, which he said was a cookie cutter shark! Just as I thought, Logan really wanted nothing to do with the water. He rode with me on "Papa boat" while "daddy geee (ski)." Then he sat on the edge of the water and threw rocks.

Here are a few pictures that I took. Of course Chey took some fabulous ones, and as soon as I get ahold of them, I will post them, too.

This has to be one of my most favorite places on earth.....







No comments: