Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Joy Rocks!

Last weekend I went on the HCBC NW Women's Retreat with two of my sweet friends. We went to the Log Country Cove on Lake LBJ. Our cabin was the Redtown River Retreat (in case you wanted to check it out). There were 20 ladies in our cabin and we had a BLAST! The blog title, Joy Rocks, was the theme of the retreat. God is funny that way. Just when I'm trying to figure out how to find the lost joy in my day, He sends me an email for a retreat all about JOY. So I listened and I went.

I didn't end up taking any pictures, but my friend Jen did. She is an amazing photographer, and you can see the pictures that she took on her photo blog: JenBarnesPhoto

As for the joy, I'm practicing my mental discipline, seeking it out, basking in it, and praising God for it.

Some "Check Your Joy Moments of the Day" that I've had since being home include:
* Logan singing along to "Today is the Day," by Lincoln Brewster. It was our theme song from the retreat. I didn't know he knew the song. He said they sing it in Ms. Patti's class at school. He was "oh, oh, woah oh-ing" all day!
* Getting a $10.00 off your next purchase coupon at HEB on Tuesday.
* Being on the receiving end of the "great big hugs" from Mattie during the Barney song.
* Hearing all 3 kids singing Jesus Loves Me before bedtime.
* Singing praise and worship songs while getting the 3 bathrooms clean.
* And I'm anticipating joy in about 30 minutes when I bite into warm, yummy beer bread that my hubby made.

"Be joyful always." 1 Thess. 5:16

No comments: