Tuesday, April 27, 2010

All Decked Out!

So the back patio was getting a little crowded with stuff. You know: a sand table, a slide, a grill, a table, a deck box, a wagon, a tub of sprinkler toys, and 2 lawn chairs. Rather than doing the sensible thing and decluttering, I opted for more space to fill! My sweet and very handy Daddy came last weekend, and in right around 24 hours, he built me a BEAUTIFUL deck! Here is the corner of the yard where we put it:
My Daddy digging holes.
Posts are set.
The planks are ready and waiting. I did help carry them from the truck to the backyard.
All framed and ready for the planks. This much was completed in about 6 hours. We stopped for dinner and a downpour! Can you see the holes? Unfortunately, this is some of the best grass in the whole backyard. I couldn't let all of it be buried. I dug up plugs.
And I planted those plugs in other parts of the front and back yard.
My hard working handy-dad!
We got in a groove. Daddy would cut the planks, and Matt and I nailed them down. It's a great way to release some aggression.
Almost there.
Matt sands the planks for an extra smooth finish.
I spent a couple of hours on Monday giving it a good bath in Thompson's water seal.
Viola!
We're still pondering exactly how we want to organize everything. Maybe some new chairs to go with the revitalized table in the picture. We are also thinking of some whiskey barrels of flowers to add some color. Right now it makes a pretty nice area for soaking up the sun, or tap dancing! Huge THANK YOUS (X 1,000,000) go out to my Daddy for all of his hard work. I've said it before and I'm proud to say: I am one lucky and spoiled Daddy's girl.

1 comment:

Tracye said...

Looks great! Let me know when the talent show is.