Friday, July 3, 2009

I Did It By Me-Self

To borrow the phrase from my 2 year-old, the pirate!
I made my very first apron, using a free pattern I found on Google. My original plan was to sew the picture and striped background on an existing apron. When I discoverd yesterday that I did not have the apron in my stash, making one seemed a whole lot easier than loading up three kids to haul to Hobby Lobby. Not bad for my first attempt. It's for Matt's Grandma, whose birthday was yesterday. The picture on the pocket is of her daugther and son-in-law, grandkids, and great-grandkids. I'm pretty sure she will cry when she opens it, and I'm pretty sure it will make the rounds at the Cove. Not because of the spectacular sewing, but because of the enormous amount of love behind it. We love you Ruth, G'ma and Great-Grandma J! Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

HoopDeeDoo said...

hey, love your fabric choices! ;)