Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Visit To Santa

After breakfast, we loaded up the car to see Santa. This was my first "big thing" with just Mommy and the 3 kids. I wasn't sure how it was going to go. I knew Logan wouldn't like Santa, so I set my expectations low and was ready to walk away. However, we were 3rd in line, Logan got to watch the other kids, we got a picture, and I'm calling it a success! A few glitches: Logan wouldn't put his matching shirt on like Noah, I wasn't going to fight it; I didn't have time to get Mattie's red pants on, no big deal; Mommy had to be cropped out of the picture again this year, at least Logan is in the picture and not crying!
Mattie slept through the whole thing.
One more picture of the boys with the decorations. Time to go, right? Wrong. Noah says, "I want to eat here." So to the elevator we go, up to Chick-fil-A. It's 11:30am by now, and Mattie is due to eat at noon. They did great, ate their lunch, played on the "rides" and actually didn't make me fight them (too much) when it was time to leave. This is where the fun begins. Of course I didn't park on the right side of the mall (FYI - he's by Sears), so we had to walk all the way to the other end to get back to the car. Here's where Mommy messed the perfect morning up. We walked right by the bathroom, upstairs in the men's department. I looked right at it, thought about asking Noah if he needed to go, but didn't. We go all the way through Macy's, down the elevator, back through the first floor of Macy's to the door we came in, to the car, get the boys in the car, Noah looks at me and says, "I have to go to the bathroom." Back in the stroller and all the way back to the bathroom. Next time, I think I'll let him pee in the parking lot. Matt showed me the silver lining: he didn't have an accident. I might have had a breakdown.
I really do have fantastic kids. They did a great job!

No comments: