Wednesday, December 10, 2008

O Christmas Tree!

Our annual trip to the Elgin Christmas Tree Farm. Load up for a hay ride out to the trees.
We searched for about 15 minutes for the perfect tree.
Matilyn pretty much did this the whole time.
Papa and Grandma came too!
The boys helped Matt saw it down.
We were close enough to walk it back to the front. There they shook out the dead needles, sent it through the rope wrap, and daddy tied it to the top of the car. We spent some time looking at the animals, but my camera battery died (go figure) so I don't have any pictures of that.
Here it is all decorated, one without the flash so you can see the lights. It looks more crooked than it does in person. I think it's just the way it was trimmed, it really is in the stand straight. I also think it's not turned the way I originally thought it should be. Oh well, it smells really good and brings my kids joy. What more could you ask for?!
Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Jennifer Barnes said...

I cannot believe how BIG Mattie is already. I simply am in disbelief. Lovely pictures! What great memories you have here.