Saturday, October 6, 2018

The Shack!!!


Introduced my boys to The Shack this weekend. It was my Grandpa's happy place, and holds tons and tons of memories for me. I loved watching their excitement as they reeled in some of the biggest red fish I've ever seen. So grateful for my Uncle Rick and Aunt Brenda for taking us down there (you can only get there by boat) and being awesome hosts! We had a blast fishing, catching bait, playing cards, more fishing, eating our catch that night, and sleeping under the stars. Yay for making memories! Next time, Matt Cothern, you better be there.


 LoJo's in the water within 15 minutes of getting to the island.
 First fish!
 Noah with the cast net.
 Afternoon chill time.
 Seining for shrimp.

 Catching the big one!
 He fought it for over 15 minutes.

 Biggest red fish I've ever seen....41 inches!
 Sunset fishing.
 Me and my little man.


 Steak dinner!

 Good morning!
 My Grandpa loved this place.
 Logan's got one!
 Nice catch dude!

 Me and my fishermen.

 Yay, I finally caught a keeper!
Looks so puny at 20 inches.
 Team effort.....Logan working to land his second big one of the day. 
First one was 28 inches.
 This one is 34!!!
Go LoJo!
 It's as big as he is!
 Monday morning no bite blues.



No comments: