Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Happy 4th Of July, Friends!


It's the first time in pretty much as long as I can remember that we have had absolutely no 4th of July plans. Thanks for being a Wednesday, Independence Day. And then we woke up this morning to a hot house and a broken A/C. Ugh. And I still have no phone - Overnight shipping with a holiday really means 2 overnights.

As I sat at my computer this morning doing my devotional, Becoming, I had plenty of opportunity to apply today's verse: Proverbs 29:11. "The fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control."

That's when I began recognizing all of the God notes and blessings:
*The repair guy was able to come within an hour, and his service fee was the same as any other normal day.
*As much as it sucks to have to get whole new units, they can install them tomorrow, and we have the money for it. (thanks, Dave Ramsey)
*The A/C company left 2 portable a/c units running in our downstairs to help keep it cooler.
*RAIN!!!! And the temperature stayed below 80 degrees today! Y'all, it's been over 100 here for the last week!
*The kids and I were able to drive out to Kingsland to visit with my grandparents, and then have dinner with them.

And even though we aren't all together at the lake, or in Brenham with the Cothern Crew, I did manage to make sure there was banana pudding!

No comments: