Thursday, August 17, 2017

Welcome Walk 2017!

As we anxiously awaited our teachers to arrive, Logan was down for the count. When Mrs. Bowers came to the door, it was all I could do to wake him up and get him outside to meet her. He could hardly stand up on his own. I told her he was having a birthday hangover! She tried to talk to him, but he was practically sleepwalking. She agreed to come back at the end of her rounds. I spent the next hour trying to wake him up. In the meantime, Mrs. Harris came by and we were all jumping up and down. Logan had her for 3rd grade, and Mattie was hoping she would get her too! Yay!
 Mrs. Harris and Mattie

So then, I was trying to figure out why Logan was crying. He kept saying, "I just don't get it." I thought he was upset about not getting Mr. Hinkle, or not being in his buddies' class. As he woke up more, I figured out he thought he was dreaming and seeing things. I finally got him awake enough to go take a shower. He was still crying when he got out of the shower. He has no memory of meeting Mrs. Bowers the first time. But when she came back, he was awake, the tears were gone, and he was good to go!
Logan and Mrs. Bowers

She told him she had looked at Mrs. Gray's Instagram, and knew from her pictures that he was a smart kid. I told him, "She's been stalking you!" She is super sweet, and I think he's gonna have a great year in her class. We even found out that her sister played volleyball at Texas Tech! It was definitely a memorable way to start 5th grade! Well, maybe not for Logan! :)

No comments: