Monday, January 16, 2017

Because Technology Is Awesome.......

Except when it's not. 
A Windows update on Sunday afternoon didn't agree with the Intel Audio driver on my less-than-one-month-old computer, and I had no more sound. The Geek Squad at Best Buy informed me that there was no fix for now. Oh, I could return my computer, or exchange it for a new one. (Remember how many days it took to import everything from Carbonite?) I pretty much stood in the middle of Best Buy in tears for almost 2 hours trying to figure out what to do.....then one Geek decided to try to install an older version of a sound driver to my computer. I have sound again. For now. Until the next update blows it. Or until Microsoft decides to come up with a fix. Not really how I wanted to spend the rest of my day after having lunch with girlfriends. And if you've never tried Stress Away, you need this oil in your life.

No comments: