Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Staycation Part 1

While the kids headed to Camp Grammy and Grandpa, Matt and I hoped to get away somewhere fun, too! But with airfare so ridiculously expensive, and the weather so drizzly and cloudy, a staycation it is!

Tuesday night we had a first for us - we went to the hockey game without kids! Unfortunately they lost 5-2. The boys are headed to the next game on Friday night when they will sit on the glass!

Wednesday, after sleeping in, we headed to South Congress to the famous trailer lot.

After living in Austin for 11 years, I was finally going to get a chicken cone!


It was totally worth the wait and the hype. We both had a chicken-avacado cone, with a side of chili dusted fries, fried pickles, and a Dublin Dr. Pepper! I can't wait until I get to have another one.

Don't tell the boys, but next we went ice skating!
We will definitely be taking the boys soon. I know that Noah is desperate to learn, so that he can play hockey.

We spent the afternoon on the couch watching Moneyball. (In all honesty, I only saw parts of it) However, the phone rang and I had to save the day and run to teach a Jazzercise class. Matt went to hang out with his buddy, Ryan, and have dinner and drinks. I curled up on the couch with Chick-fil-A and Breaking Dawn, Part 1. Not sure how I feel about the movie. Certainly the books are much better.

On the agenda tomorrow: teaching Jazzercise, a mani/pedi, and a dinner date with my hubby.

No comments: