Tuesday, March 16, 2010

How’s This For Irony?

Tonight Mattie and I headed down to meet Matt for dinner.  While the boys are at Grammy’s, we are trying to eat at places where we dread taking 3 kids.  Tonight’s choice:  PF Changs.  Over dinner, Matt mentioned that a headhunter called him at work today with a job opportunity.  Would he be interested?  Lateral move.  Same salary.  In SOUTH CAROLINA!!!  NO THANK YOU!  Where’s the irony you ask?

Remember we are eating Chinese food.  Naturally, we he had fortune cookies afterwards.  Matt opens his and starts to laugh.  He shows me this:

IMG_3957Okay.  So I tear into mine, only to read:

IMG_3958Um.  All I can think is (in Ellie’s voice) “Adventure is out there!”

I think I’ll hang on to these fortunes.  It might make for a good story one day.  Hopefully I won’t be sharing it in South Carolina. 

No comments: