Thursday, December 10, 2009

Thanksgiving Highlights

We did a lot of this - stuffing our faces.

The boys explored the wonders found in Aunt Julie's iPhone.

Matt roasted his first turkey this year. Above it is dunked in the brine for an overnight soaking.
After cooking in the oven at 500 degrees for 30 minutes, it went into the roaster.
And about 2 hours later you get this:
Grandpa carves it up.
It was fabulously delicious.

What is Thanksgiving without some attempts at family pictures.

And one of mommy and her girl.
We also continued Grammy's annual handprints on the table cloth. I missed out on taking pictures because I was busy painting hands. Grammy got the pictures on her camera, so hopefully she will send them to me soon. No rush, as I am just now blogging about Thanksgiving! After Brenham, we loaded up the car and headed to my parents' house in Houston. We spent one day there stuffing our faces all over again! The highlight of that 24 hours was the rock concert that took place. Again, I think I took two pictures, and they aren't blog worthy. But hey, I don't usually take pictures when Chey is there. Her 500+ pictures are so great that I don't even try. We had a great time even though our time was short. Looking forward to a fantastic Christmas with our two awesome families.

No comments: